Tuesday, September 14, 2010

ABK Camp Hyannis 2010

The ABK Camp Hyannis 2010 ended just a couple of days ago. It was once again a great camp, even though we had only one windy day. Seeing how much progress Martin and Graham have made since last year, I decided to practice more light-wind freestyle on my 110l Fanatic Skate from now on, instead of always using bigger boards for light wind.

I recorded a number of lectures, including Andy's new loop lecture, which I love! I plan to upload the lectures as unlisted videos on YouTube, and post links here. Unlisted videos is a feature that YouTube has added sometime this summer, which keeps videos semi-private - you need to know the URL to view the video. One big advantage is that you will not have to download the entire videos before you can watch them. Hopefully, I'll get the first videos posted during the upcoming weekend (unless it is windy, of course). Stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. Yes, an excellent camp; I was persuaded to get a smaller board. Considering JP Freestyle Wave 84L at the moment, though probably should go smaller... What boards do you and Nina have for strong-wind conditons?
    --Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nina has a 76l, I have a 96l JP. In Maui and the Gorge, I found that boards around 85l worked best for me on really windy days; Nina liked a 69l best in the Gorge. So 84l seems a bit large for you for really windy days, although it may be good on 20mph days.

    Peter

    ReplyDelete
  3. Right... And 84L is rather close to my 105L Exocet. The Hatteras trip in October will provide a chance to try out the various options; with luck there will be a 30mph day or two.
    --Mike

    ReplyDelete