Here is a video of a Carve 360 lecture that Derek gave in 2009 in Bonaire. If you are currently working on planing through your jibes, it is worth watching this video - it contains a lot of things that are useful for better jibing, too.
Baby Needs a New Pair of Shoes
2 years ago
Thanks for posting - I've been working on in the straps carving 360s and have been falling in backwards as I get backwinded, this will help me a lot. It's been too long since my last camp - I hope to get to one or two this season!
ReplyDeleteFor me, the main reason for falling backwards when getting backwinded was that I lost the toe pressure. Once the heel side rail starts digging in, you're toast. It took me a few hundred tries before I got the carve 360 a few times in a row, but I'm a slow learner. Well worth the effort, though, and the crashes are fun.
Delete